What’s On At Disability Expo?
Our main stage will deliver entertaining and inclusive content from a variety of acts. Including product demonstrations, fashion shows, dance performances, musicians and comedy. We want all delegates to feel “Centre Stage” at Disability Expo 23!
- Variety acts including dance, music and comedy
- Fashion display
- Live product demonstrations
- Skatebording, tricks, wheelchair skills
An important aspect of our event is empowering those with lived experience of disability to have their voice heard on the issues that matter to them. We will offer a safe space for delegates to discuss and share their experiences with one another, and feel a sense of unity. The People’s Panel will be a forum-style theatre where pressing issues and key topics will be discussed by key influential and knowledgeable panelists.
- Grumpy Gits Pod Cast Live
- Travel & Tourism
- Mental Health & Self advocacy
- Adapted Housing
- Access & Transport
- Sex & Relationships
- Health & Social care support
- Education Accessibility
There’s no better way to buy with confidence than buying in person. See, feel and try out products in our Marketplace of smaller, affordable, practical items. Improve your daily living, your wellbeing, offer comfort and even style!
- Alternative health
- Adaptive clothing
- Mobility Aids
- Sports Equipment & Massage
- Play & Education
With such a jam-packed day, you may require a time out from the hustle and bustle. We have a dedicated area for you to find your Zen and calm your senses. Zensory zone will offer a tranquil, accessible quiet sensory space for all ages and abilities. We will also feature some activities supporting mindfulness and relaxation.
- Fully functioning sensory zone
- Fully Accessible
- Morning Mindfulness- Meditation
- Thai Chi /adapted yoga
- Discuss sensory space designs with our sponsor
- Sensory Toys to try and purchase
- Learn about mindfulness
- Mental health associated charities
- SEND support & Advise
- Groups and activities supporting mindfulness
Mobility Matters Test Track
We Know that mobilization is a key a requirement of daily living. Whether that be standing, transferring, repositioning, or getting from A to B. Disability Expo is dedicated to bringing you a range of trusted mobility, mobilization and moving and handling devices to suit all individual needs. We will also offer relevant services to ensure the product meets your requirements and your budgets.
- Will deliver a course to put your mobility products to the test to ensure it handles different terrains, tight turning circles, gradients and delivers comfort whilst in use
- Try out moving and handling devices within a home environment at our independent living home, we will have a moving and handling advisor also delivering workshops for carers and on site to offer any advice, techniques, or requirement that you may
- 5-point service check for your current mobility aid, get you wheelchair, scooter or walking aid assessed for sustainability and overall suitability. Our technician will check over your product make any adjustments needed and advise if there is anything on site that can improve its suitability such as
- The Latest developments in Power Chairs, Scooters & Adapted vehicles
- Shop for Style, live product demonstrations in a catwalk style on our Centre Stage
- Product Prescriptions, funding routes and Purchasing information
- Relevant charities to offer support in mobility, travel and accessibility.
- Exhibitors offering demonstrations, assessments and purchase information throughout the event
Access Your Home
Our fully interactive accessible home will feature off the shelf products and specialist equipment for you to try out in a realistic home environment. Our Access Your Home area will showcase examples of creative and accessible design tailored to the unique needs of those who live there. Utilising the latest in voice controlled technology this area will provide examples of…
- Internet connected smart products to control appliances, property access and security
- Accessible toileting and bathing products and techniques
- Accessible seating and sleeping products and techniques
- Accessible dinning and cooking products and techniques
- Small aids & adaptations